Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Why I'm Not Pissed About Cyberpunk 2077

 So, I bought Cyberpunk 2077 on opening day and eagerly awaited the download and installation on my PC, the way the game was meant to be played. I've had to put down some settings, but all in all, the game was playable, until I got into the tutorial and my toon got stuck in a crouch and then in the gaming architecture. I tried everything to get her out and just could not get it done, so I finally submitted a bug report and yesterday's hotfix got her free. Too bad I don't have time to play until after Christmas.

I've been beta testing games for nearly 20 years. Before that I was testing operating systems and programs, the archaic word for apps. So, I am used to bugs and non-optimal operating conditions.

Which is why I'm not the Twat on Twatter crying about how the game doesn't work on my base PS4. It was never meant to be played on your stupid console, retard. CD Projekt Red should have never caved to console gamers demands it be made for them, too. Learn to code, motherfucking pantywaists. You want to play games, play on a PC. Yeah, it's expensive, but it quickly separated the wheat from the chaff, and trust me, stupid, you're chaff and it shows.

CDPR made a lot of mistakes with the release of this game, trust me, I'm not happy happy joy joy about it. This is the company that brought us The Witcher, so for me, I expected at least playable. That is not what I got, that is not what many people got, even with optimal gaming rigs.

Also, for the PC the controls are a bit of a mess. The ability to remap your key bindings is frustrating, but it's all just rewiring your brain a bit and adapting. If you can't get by without mashing the same set of keys, then you should not be gaming. This is why console gamers are such babies. Yeah, I said it.

My son is playing on a PS4 Pro and having problems, but he's powering through them because he's a Marine and a PC Gamer so he's no whining, mewling momma's boy, crying because it's not everything he'd dreamed it would be. He grew up in a gaming household and knows to be patient, no matter how badly you want it to work right. Neither of us are demanding our money back. Neither is my husband but I expect that to change next week when he goes on vacation for two weeks and actually has time to play.

The guys went Nomad, while I went Street Kid. I may try Corpo after I'm done with that story line. I'm having fun. My son is having fun. Everyone I know playing on PC is having fun. Of course, I had friends who were testing it and I was forewarned. Why? Because I pay attention.

I don't expect any game to be perfect right out of the chute. That's a stupid tack to take. I expect problems, and I also expect them to be fixed when they are discovered in the wild. So far, mine have been, but then again, I'm still not through the tutorial. Time, holidays, you do the math.

CDPR is offering refunds to any who ask for it, their stock has tanked and people are calling for blood. Why? It's a fucking game, retard. If you gagged your way through Last of Us2, then STFU, you can easily handle this. Butch up soy boi.

CDPR should have delayed the game, again, until after the New Year. Let the Console Kiddies play their news games on their PS5 and XBox, then come to Cyberpunk. All things considered, it would not have been a bad idea, but they had already taken knocks for the previous delays and the game had been in the works for 10 years already. Development actually began about 4 years ago. For PC. Than all the wankers with a hand on their controlled and the other one holding their wounded dick cried because it wasn't going to be on console. Fuck you. Play a real game. You are button mashers, or as we like to call them in PC gaming, face rollers, praying something fires off and actually works. No finesse, not knowledge of the game whatsoever, but a shit tonne of whining.

I'm more pissed that I had to wait until now to get my character unstuck, and there is no last save. I'm pissed off that once again I have to listen to a bunch of grown ass retards whine about a fucking game that means nothing to them once they are done with it. They never played the pen and pencil game, they had never heard about it before 2 years ago and have absolutely no respect for the history. The called the creator of Cyberpunk a white supremacist. Dude, he's black. Fucktard.

I'm pissed off that I won't have any time to play until after Christmas dinner on Christmas Day and I swear to all that is holy in this universe that next Christmas I'm going away and have my food served to me by nubile cabana boys in tight muscle shirts and short shorts. Mmmm, Packages.

No comments: