Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Thing About Celebrity...

Last week, Gloria Estefan, of Miami Sound Machine fame, held a "cocktail party" for Barack Obama. As Estefan is Cuban and US Cubans are very Anti-Castro and most everyone in America consider Obama one step removed from a Marxist dictator, the Cuban community is screeching like a bunch of leftie wing-nuts over blacks who are conservative.

Now, those of you who know me are well aware of the fact I am extremely extreme in my anti-hypocritical stance. I refuse to allow myself to denounce Estefan for her politics anymore than I would stand for a progressive liberal calling a conservative black an Uncle Tom. You cannot do that and stay true to your beliefs.

Does this mean that I support Estefan? No, it means that I recognize her ability to choose her political beliefs just as I am. I cannot deny her the ability to choose a leftist moron mouthpiece for the progressive libs anymore than I can deny myself the ability to choose Objectivism as a way to live my life and choose the politics I support. That is what true Objectivism is about. I can see it, accept it and know it for what it is, a completely vapid singer/celebrity choosing a topical political stance based on what is popular in People Magazine and the Lamestream Media. Ignorance of the worst order.

If you have ever seen the movie "Get Smart" you can appreciate the part of the movie where the villain is planning to blow up Los Angeles.

Shtarker: Too bad about all the dead movie stars.
Siegfried: Yes. What will we do without their razor-sharp political advice.

That is exactly how I feel about political movie stars. Come on, have you ever, EVAR seen or met an intelligent actor? One that was aware of anything outside of themselves? They exist, but they are very, very rare. This goes for the left and the right. I'm not quite willing to jump up on stage with Victoria Jackson or Janine "The Federalist Papers" Turner. I admire their bravery in being conservative in a Progressive Liberal business, but I don't think that it automagically makes them any more intelligent.

No more than I think that Gloria Estefan is any dumber than she was before hosting the Marxist pow-wow at her home.

Now, I received a picture from a loyal reader who says my Blog inspired him. Thank you Octavian. You were a fantastic Roman Emperor! Here is the picture and I have to admit, I laughed out loud.

Auto de Fe

No comments: