Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Applying the Brakes

I sat this morning and thought out many good things, many wonderful things in the hopes of coming up with a good blog posting.  I had it all in line, several things dealing with the recent Santorum wins last night and Eric Holder getting reamed in the House (always good for a laugh).  But it all came to a screeching halt when I sat down to eat dinner this evening.  My brother called to inform me that his daughter, my niece, had lost her fiance.  He had been beat up, shot and left to die in somebody's yard.  She called my brother who met her at the police department where they waited for him to be identified.  He was and now she and their son sit in shock and loss.

Our family is so spread out.  We aren't close in a spatial sense, but when we're together, it does not matter the length of the separation, we are thick as thieves.  When something like this happens to one of us, it does effect the rest of us.  Because we care for one another. I am not grieving for the young man I'd yet to meet.  I am in pain for my niece whom I love.  I can't possibly know her pain, but her pain affects me because I can't stand to see her suffer, and what's worse, there is nothing I can do to make it better for her.  My brother liked the guy, and his daughter is in pieces, so his pain pains me.  Sort of Shakespearean when you think about it.

So my thoughts of politics, philosophy and making fun of the Liberals who try to make our life hell is parked on the side of my mental freeway.  I'll let you know when the mental works are ready to think outside my familial box again.

For you, Trish, I love you and I am here for you.  We all love you, never forget that.

1 comment:

Wendy McCollum Copenhaver said...

Sorry for the loss in your family!