Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Friday, August 06, 2010

Being Honest, Part Two

In my previous post I wrote about how I could never get elected Dog Catcher with the way I call things as I see them. I cannot say I saw them any other way than I saw them. So I will tell you honestly how I see things as they stand today.

I have a deep and abiding dislike for politicians, regardless of party affiliation. It is my belief that there is a certain type of weak minded individual that seeks public office in some sort of superiority for adolescent wrongs.

The other type are the True Believers who really think that only they can affect change. Ted Kennedy was a True Believer. Hopefully we will see the end of that messed up family and their stupidity within the next generation. Still weak minded and unworthy of breathing my air, as I see it.

The only politician that I could possibly endure for more than a few moments without lashing our rationally and possibly skewing their entire world view is the one who thinks that they need to go do their job and come back home. When do you think the last time Nancy Legosi took a trip home to Napa Valley to do more than campaign for two years? Do you honestly believe she goes home and speaks to her constituents during congressional breaks? She wouldn't know one of her constituents if she they walked into her office demanding her head on a pike. She'd accuse them of being a sexist, racist tea bagger and have them put into Leavenworth for the rest of their unnatural life.

What we need are term limits. People work harder under a deadline. You're more likely to try to affect good change when you have a limit as to the time you'll be able to do it. Right now, once the elite political class get in to office, they know the chance of them being voted out of office because we allow them to return, year after year, each election cycle, just voting for the guy who is already there instead of really bothering to learn anything about civics, governance or why things are the way they are ONLY in America.

Ted Nugent got it right. We let this happen, and now it's up to US to get us out of the hole we dug ourselves. Momma Gubmit ain't gonna do it for us, because they want us asleep, apathetic and unwilling or unable to defend our own individual rights.

Try to destroy the electoral college? Why? Because you don't understand how it keeps the more populous states from running over the rights of the less populated states? YOU HAD TO TAKE YEARS OF HISTORY AND GOVERNMENT IN SCHOOL, REMEMBER IT! Why can't they just accept that what they are trying doesn't work, will never work and DROP IT? Despite Progressive Liberal tactics failing every time they have been tried, they keep butting their heads against the wall. We need to accept that they have hit rock bottom and show signs of digging. They will never stop themselves, so we need to stop them and the only way to do that is to get them out of office and never allow them back into the halls of legislation.

Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and the rest of those guys who framed our Constitution did so after years of thinking and debating the best way to LIMIT government involvement in our lives. I want government involvement in my life to be so inconsequential that I never notice it until it needs ME. And I can tell you this, government doesn't need a damned thing from me that I haven't already given it.

You need to decide what you are going to do. Are you going to sit quietly aside while each of your liberties is stripped away by the progressives who want you entirely dependent upon the government for everything and you have to go begging to Nancy Legosi for a scrap of anything you need? Ivy Starnes as embodied in the person of Nancy Legosi. Gerald Starnes as embodied in the person of Harry Reid.

Ayn Rand wrote Atlas Shrugged not because she had a prophecy, but to prevent it from ever happening. But we let it. Now we need to end it and make damned sure it never, ever happens again. Hell, most of the nation is one more stupid remark by Nancy away from pitchforks and torches. In the immortal words of John Galt:

Get the hell out of my way.

No comments: