Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Financial Rain Storm

You know they say, when it rains, it pours... Yeah, buddy. It does.

A friend of mine, on myFaceTube, Kelly W., and she knows who she is, posted a nice speech given by Newt Gingrich about the latest financial crap to come out of DC, when I realize, oh yeah, my new ATM card has not come in yet and it expires in two days. So I call my bank's 24 Hour HelpLine, speak to a very nice woman who tells me my card we re-issued in January of this year.

?????

Oh yeah, they had never canceled the one I had, and the card was reissued, only to have no new charges put on it. So I cancel that card and get a new one sent out... I can live ten days without an ATM card, that's what husbands are for. I thank my lucky stars that there hasn't been any suspicious activity on my account in the past few months and thank the nice lady for helping me so quickly and efficiently.

Not two seconds later the phone rings and my husband calls me asking why I was buying Weatherbug.

???????!!!

So I call the bank back and find out at 3:49 AM this morning, evidently I purchased a malware "weather program" for $20. Uh, no, I did not. So I dispute the charge. I know it's $20 freakin' dollars, but it's MY money. And, frankly I am not spending money on a piece of software so full of bugs that I wouldn't put it on my worst enemy's PC as a malicious prank. You could not give that POS away for free and they know it.

It put me in mind of the recent administrations financial policies. I wonder if I have to approach Nancy Legosi on bended knee, hat in hand, to demand my $20 bail-out.

I'm just asking.

No comments: