Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Thursday, May 13, 2010

So Anyway... Potpourri

After what? a day or so of not posting on my blog because I have been examining the lint in my navel and trying to feel like what it must be like to be a bureaucrat, I got your emails and messages wondering if I'd dropped off the face of the earth. No! That would be impossible. Gravity is the law!

A month or so ago I happened to spill iced tea on my ergonomic keyboard and it's not quite worked the same since, so I am using a spare, standard keyboard and suffering some tendon irritation from it. And, the new Harry Dresden book came out and, I admit, I'm a huge fan. I devour Jim Butcher books as soon as they are off the press.

So the Spousal Unit and I went to see Ironman 2, sans les enfants, this afternoon and we loved it. I loved Tony Stark's remarks that handing over the Ironman suit and technology to the government would be indentured servitude. He did not go far enough. It would be slavery. The government had no right to the suit. He made it from his own money, on his own time, while in prison in Afghanistan. The government had no right to any part of it. Libertarian? Hell no. Stark was pure John Galt at that moment. I nearly broke down in tears of joy. Someone in Hollywood came close to getting it...

I was lucky enough to be invited to see a lecture on Obamacare given by Yaron Brook of the Ayn Rand Institute at the University of Pennsylvania on Tuesday night. Dr. Brook was his usual cutting intellect self. Man, do I admire that man's mind. He gets it. Which might explain his position at The Institute. He's on PJTV quite a bit, you should check him out. He puts Objectivist ideals in very easy to understand contexts. I'll tell you the one thing that really got me. This guy is speaking at a Medical School and all they want to ask him about is anarchy. Kids today...

Anyway, I'm busy trying to track down the rumors that Mullah Omar was captured in Afghanistan last weekend. Talking to folks over there is not easy and not one reputable person has come out to say it's true. They may be squeezing him for info and I'm patient. I honestly don't think that Breitbart would have posted the exclusive if he'd not had credible evidence that it was true...

I've been working on the book, listening to the spousal unit tell me about his (he's really a good story teller when he puts his head into it. Joel Hicks has had some things to say about the slavery reparations folks which tie into a chapter in my books and I have e-mailed him to see if I might interview him over the phone or skype to get a clearer picture of what exactly is going on...

Oh, and the Global Warming idiots are at it again, keep trying to get some form of Cap and Trade through congress. And right now I am so tempted to smack my youngest daughter into oblivion because.... she's a teen, I don't even need a reason...

No comments: