Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Monday, April 26, 2010

Reality is Always There

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.” - Brooks Atkinson

Sound familiar? Ringing any bells? It sounds like the rally cry of the progressive Liberal Front. A Liberal firing line, instead of yelling "Ready, Aim, Fire!" they yell, "Bend, Stuff, Ignore!".

I've slept, people. Something I haven't really been able to do in two years, but thanks to a husband on vacation and the wonders of Benadryl and ibuprofen, I am sleeping like a baby. Which means my mind is clearing. A rested Sev, is a dangerous Sev. And I've been listening to others who think as I do. Listening to some of the lecture series over at The Ayn Rand Institute has helped me crystallize several things that were not clear to me before. I have almost complete clarity of vision now, and I can say this, the people that I thought, got it, do not. They are still sitting in the safety of their intellectual cocoons, hoping that someone else will have the guts to do what they cannot or will not.

I was hoping to get down to Austin tonight to listen to Elan Journo at UT-Austin. However, I doubt we get down there tonight. But I have questions for Objectivists. Mainly, where the hell have you put your balls? Sounds like me, huh?

I'm not saying that we have to go all Commando on the crap we see going on around us. In fact, I am saying the exact opposite. By even fighting these people we give them a legitimacy they do not deserve and should never get. Because they are so good at playing the victim, we cannot and should not ever try to take any high road with them or sink to their level. Ignoring them is not making them go away. So? What is it I am suggesting we do?

I suggest we give them exactly what they are asking for. Take away their "capitalist pig" producers. See how well they function when they have no one to rob and they start feeding on one another. See how well they do in their "Workers Paradise" when their workers have no jobs, no "fat cats" to steal from while whining they aren't stealing enough from them.

Lets see how well they do when all they have are people "just like them" and still they can do nothing, because they have no idea how to produce anything or make anything. The only thing they know how to do is throw tantrums, like the spoiled brats they are. And, we're the ones who spoiled them. We allowed them to steal from us, we gave in to their tantrums. Every time we give in to them we are giving the candy they stamp their feet and scream for. Instead of slapping them and telling them to behave we gave in.

We allowed them to get this way. We need to stop it. We need to walk away from them, let them implode. Everyone needs to see it. Even that guy next door who swears he doesn't like politics and refuses to make a choice. Even when you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. And no one will hear you when you scream that this is not what you wanted, not what you intended. No one will care. You get to own that, my brother. That is your reality.

No comments: