Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Perspective

There are many things on this planet which defy logic.  The French, Don King's Hair, and the attitude towards homosexuality by the religious and the secular.  Keep reading, it makes sense, honestly, it does.

This whole Duck Dynasty thing has completely blown up the world this past week.  I don't get how or why someone's sexual preference is a big deal, but, this is the modern world and I must admit, it's fun to watch both sides get all read faced and apoplectic about it.  I openly admit that I spend most of my waking hours making fun of stupid people.

This is what I don't get, and perhaps someone can explain it to me... Why the religious are against homosexuality and why the seculars are all for it.  Think about this for a moment.  Homosexuals are an evolutionary dead end. It's not like they breed and create more homosexuals. Right?  So, why are the religious so against homosexuality?  And they don't procreate at all, so why are the secular, evolutionary Darwinists all for homosexuality?  Homosexuals all screech about acceptance and love.  Isn't that a pillar of religion?  Aren't we just supposed to accept and love everyone?  Equally?  Didn't Jesus tell us that we should love our neighbor as ourselves?  What would he think of hating the homosexual?  Offhand, and not being a theological scholar, just having a relationship with God, I would say he would tell us that we should love the homosexual.

Now, on the other hand, homosexuals do not adapt, do not reproduce so they are useless to us in our human race.  They should be culled from the herd as they are useless for propagation of the species. Secular Humanists should be the ones screeching for the removal of all homosexuals from the species.  Adaptation and reproduction uber alles to those folks.  You do have to wonder what it's like to be a gay eugenicist.  I'm not a scientist, but I imagine that the science is pretty sound on that.

And therein lies the hypocrisy of Identity Politics.  If you're religious you have to think this way.  If you're gay you have to think that way.  Or else you're a sell-out, and Uncle Tom, you fill in the derisive term of your choice here.

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in God.  God told me to love before the world told me who I should hate.  I spent many years studying science and the scientific method.  I never saw the two worlds as mutually exclusive.  Bite my ass Richard Dawkins, I laugh hardest at evangelical atheists.

Love gays, hate gays, but have a better reason that some political or religious jargon to explain your reason.  Phil Robertson doesn't get the whole gay thing.  For him it's all about the vag.  Well he's straight.  DUH! Personally, I don't get why anyone gets turned on by boobs or a wet split beaver, but then again, I'm not a Lesbian.  DUH!  I'll tell you what really pops my fireworks though, a man who takes care of his woman and their kids.  A man who does his job to the best of his ability and is always looking to do better. If I were lesbian I imagine I would be using the feminine pronoun rather than the masculine.  Is that in any way anti-gay?  Is that in any way hateful to the homosexual community?

Do you GET IT NOW?

I bet you the guys at Duck Dynasty do.

No comments: