Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Loki Was Right

If you have seen the movie, The Avengers, you know Loki's actions in Stuttgart and his capture by Iron Man and Captain America.  When he's busy terrorizing a street full of people he commands all of them to kneel and tells them, "Is this not your natural state?" And then goes on to tell them that he's there to free them.  From the illusion of Freedom.

For those of us who are still rational human beings the idea is anathema.  Our entire being rebels against such a thing.  I know I do.  I will never, ever kneel, willingly, to any despot or tyrant.  Better to be shot off my feet than die on my knees.  It simply will not happen.

But it makes you think. I know it did me.  I think of George Orwell's 1984 and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged and wonder at three twentieth century authors who saw the future in a totalitarian type of dictatorship rather than a democracy and you have to wonder why.  Could it be that Woodrow Wilson's tiptoe down the Progressive path was a harbinger for them?  I do.  FDR's administration was most likely a huge bell weather to them, screaming of the society to come.  The society where we are all on our knees, dependent on Momma Gubmint for the very food in our mouths.  They foresaw the welfare state and the horrors it brings.

A totalitarian government rules by food. Doubt me? Ask anyone in North Korea.  I know, because I have.  Disagree with those in power and you are forced to watch everyone in your family starve.  Is it really any stretch of the imagination to wonder why the government all of a sudden wants everyone on Food Stamps?  Why Food Stamps are held out like a carrot on this side of the border to those on the other side.  Crawl on your knees and come get it, they are saying.  Be beholden to us, they lure them in and once they are here and on  welfare, they have them, forever. Government is the biggest drug ever created by man and sold as a panacea to everyone.

I have no desire to live my life for the comfort of another. I need no asshole telling me how to live my life so that it can please THEM.  I will never go to my knees, even if it means I will be killed. It doesn't make me brave, it doesn't make me anything but free. Free in my mind, free in my body.  I will always be free and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.  For I will be a slave to no man and kneeling is not my natural state.

No comments: