Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Fear For Tomorrow

Many of the people I talk to about current events seem to have this fear of what's going to happen tomorrow or in the near future.  I listen and nod and say the appropriate things, but to be honest, I don't understand their fear and anxiety.  It's not because I'm Pollyanna or stupid.  It's because I know, without a doubt that what is going to happen will happen, whether I worry about it or not and there is nothing I can do, really to prevent events from occurring.  Therefore, I do what I can to withstand and make it through what comes.  Honestly, what more can I, a typical person, do about things in Washington, DC?  I've done my best to vote for the people I feel represent me when they go there.  Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I am not.  Since I cannot go up there and bitch-slap them when they do a bad job, or fire them when they are exceptionally stupid, I must play the cards I hold, not the cards I wish I held.  I must fight with the army I have.

My eldest brother and I appear to be the ones who have this outlook.  I have a sister who fears everything.  She thinks she's a conservative, rabidly believes in conservatives ideals, but she lives her life like a scared liberal, afraid of everything outside her sphere of influence, and even most of that which is within.  I don't understand that, but I love her even when I think she's dead wrong.  I can't live my life that way, but if fear gives her some form of comfort, so be it.  Fearing something does not make you automagically prepared to get through it. It makes you easier to knock down with it.

I am like everyone else, I worry about things.  Losing a job, the kids, etc., will all drive you nuts enough if you let it, but add things you can do absolutely nothing about to that already onus and you will be a basketcase in no time.  I prefer to concentrate on things over which I have a modicum (or is that emoticon?).  So whatever else will happen with Obama and his Administration of the Stupidest People Ever To Reach Seats of Power will happen, whether I sit and fret and wring my about them.  There is nothing I can do to save them or their followers from themselves. 

And, when it comes right down to it, why would I? Think about that for one moment.

Obama and his ilk have gotten away with their shenanigans for as long as they have, with their ruinous policies, because they have always depended on the able to come in and save them from those exact same shenanigans and policies.  We have ALWAYS pulled them back from the brink so they can just bring us to it again and again.

This time I'm not pulling them back.  I will watch as they fall over the cliff they drove themselves to. Then I will get on to living my life without their interference.

That will be the best revenge.  And yes, it will be sweet.


No comments: