Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Inured

to accustom to accept something undesirable

Like a free mind becoming accustomed to the intellectual slavery of Thought Police and Liberal politics.

I am righteously indignant. It's all part and parcel of my whole Paladin Syndrome, so I accept it and move on. I don't let my indignance slow me or stop me in my tracks. My call is to action, not inaction. I refuse to allow a bunch of elitists to trample on others who are not able to defend themselves or their minds as they ought. Why can't they defend themselves? Because they have accustomed themselves to the undesirable state of slavery. Physical or intellectual, it matters not. They are slaves and as such cannot fight back against their Liberal Oppressors.

My, I do love using their own language to pillory their tactics. You could say it "empowers" me. But really, it just makes me laugh because they don't get it. Ever.

You could say I am a Nemesis, of a sort. Not like the Ancient Greek idea of Nemesis embodied as a Goddess, although, that would be kinda cool, but more like the Guy Ritchie idea of a Nemesis.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

I think most people who dislike me would agree with this assessment of my character. And, moreover, they would, for once, be correct.

I have spent my life rebelling against attempts to make me conform to the mould in which people have always wanted to place me. I have tried to conform so as to make others comfortable around me, however, it has always ended in disaster because my nature is such that I cannot stand the bonds of conformity any more than I could withstand shackles on my body.

Let me give you a classic example. Ever since my oldest boy, who is now 25 (or as he puts it, almost 30) started school, I joined the PTA. I spent time at their schools, volunteering, helping out so they could feel secure and that I cared about their lives. I stayed a card carrying member of the PTA until my youngest, who is now 17 (or as she puts it, almost 20) went into Middle School. At that point I had had it with the bake sales, carnivals, car pooling, smiling through boring, horrifically bad musicals and plays. I stopped conforming to the "caring parent" mold and stated that I would no longer attend to these things as it was killing my soul.

Does this mean I hate my kids? No, it means that the ideal of perfect parenthood is an illusion I tried to maintain. I never had any intention of trying to be the perfect parent, I knew that to be impossible. I always meant to raise my children to do without me, not me propping them up for the rest of their lives because I couldn't cut the damned umbilical cord. That is another type of slavery altogether. I would never do my children the disservice of making them dependent upon me for the rest of their lives due to my own insecurities. Number one, I have no insecurities, and frankly, I didn't take them on to raise. It is my devout hope that they live their own lives and infrequently include me in them. In other words, I want them completely independent of me.

That, dear, gentle reader, is my hope for everyone on this planet.

Life is not perfect, nor is it comfortable. Life is also not for copy cats, second handers, and rank conformists. One of the funniest things of the past 20 years was the Goth movement. They declared themselves to be non-conformists, yet they all dressed alike, spoke alike and rarely detoured from the "non-conformist" party line. Way To Go non-conformity! Life is not a cookie cutter operation. Get over yourselves.

You want to be a rabid non-conformist? Become outspoken as to the treatment of Big Business. Stand up for the small businessman and point out how they prop up the economy of this great nation. Rail against governmental regulation. Picket against Unions. Hold rallies for your rights and the freedom to just be who the hell you are.

Do not become inured. But be careful. To quote another movie:

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

No comments: