Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Sunday, July 24, 2022

The Myth That Women WANT to Work Outside the Home

 



I wrote an article this past winter about Traditional Wives. That one heralds the emotions behind our decision for me to stay home. This post is about the political reasons. 

Because I'm a bitch. I've yet to be called a cunt by anyone whose opinion is give a damn about, so take that into account as you read.

In the 70s, Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan marched about shouting for women's freedom from the drudgery of being a housewife. Millions of women went into the workforce and politicians in state and federal legislatures fapped to all of the new tax dollars they could spend. They fapped hard and often. It was orgasmic to them. Trust me on this. there is a reason they deride traditional women. Less tax dollars means less money to give to people for votes or use of the US dollar.

In the mid-80s, when I began spawning demons, there was a great myth of the Super Mom, who could work 60 hours a week and still take care of her home, children and husband. She put her kids in the middle, and then whined about having to take time to get them to doctor's appointments, sick days, and stuff like that. They complained about taking care of their kids.

As a result, most marriages failed utterly and completely because she was so busy taking care of her, she forgot her helpmate, her husband. Don't even begin to try to tell me that I'm wrong about this. I lived it. I watched marriages break apart left and right and my own did as well. They all had different reasons, and no one had clean hands completely, but it showed a trend that continued until now.

Every single woman I've worked with, even the degreed professionals, have decried their ability earn their income and still take care of the kids and watch them grow. Day Care and babysitters were doing that. As a result we wound up with Millennials and Gen Z. It's what has been called, in the psychological world as the Day Care Syndrome. They would have to cry and scream for attention from uncaring "care takers" and figured this was the way in life. Parents felt guilty for leaving their children to be raised by perfect strangers they didn't discipline them and voila! Antifa and BLM retards.

They were taught in government indoctrination centers, AKA public schools, that only white people were bad, white men in particular, and therefore your worth in society was based on a stock of oppression and victimhood. It's why everyone is a victim. They believe being a victim gives them virtue.

No. It just makes you a pathetic victim. I've had a ton of shit happen to me. I am no one's victim. Have I been victimized? Yeah. Is that the ONLY thing about me that is any good? No. I've overcome that shit and forgotten most of it. Why? Because I've got a life to live and it's way too short to think about that shit all fucking day long.

There are two women, in particular, who come to mind when I think about professional women. They are both doctors that I've worked for. They both had nannies, were divorced, remarried and knew, to the moment, what their kids were doing. The Nanny or au pair were doing all the work, but they were proud they knew their schedules. They really had no idea whatsoever, what their kids were truly doing. Anyone who talked to the care takers knew. I cannot imagine missing my child's crawling, first solid foods, first steps. I can, really, because I have with all but my last child. It's why I care for my grandkids. I heard horror stories from my kids about babysitters and day care centers.

Politicians want women to work so they can collect the income taxes to give to their cronies. When you do the math, and I've done it over and over, when you take in all of the costs of working, against what you bring home in salary, you really CAN'T afford to work.

When we began saving up and working on our credit score to buy a house, we retrenched like a freakin' starving lordling in Regency London. They kids still laugh about constantly eating Hamburger Helper and Top Ramen. When we had all four at home I was working. When the boys went off to the Marines, I went back to work. We budgeted and lived on our household budget spreadsheet. We tracked bills, always looking for ways to cut back on utilities. We rented a house, and the thought of owing money to a bank for our mortgage froze me in my tracks. I'm too Scottish for that shit.

My husband took all of this on. He just showed me houses and it took two years for us to agree on one. We bought one across the street from his parents' house. He was not thrilled, I was. I loved his parents. He did all of the money stuff and I bought insurance. Yeah, big help there. Because on the day before signing, the insurance agent tried to double the premium. My husband called me at work. I called our own insurance company about homeowners and we got a better deal, because we already had car insurance with them. This was before the huge bundling push. We got even better rates then. We use the quarterly offers we get in the mail to go over our premium price.

I went to the signing and signed where I needed to and we were officially home owners. You know what's funny? Even though we were paying more than we had in rent, we had more money than ever before. More disposable income to fix things in a house that had sat empty for years while the owners dithered on selling it.

We based the payment of the mortgage each month on my salary alone. I was making good money. Even when I changed jobs working less hours for less money, and still got tons of overtime and commissions, we had no problem. It was a horrible place to work. After our youngest got married and moved out, I quit and began writing books that were trapped in my head. We were still able to afford everything we wanted and needed. Even with less income. 

How? Our taxes went down considerably without my income. I wasn't driving as often. No clothes going to the cleaners, no eating out for lunch. So many things stack up when you work outside your home. You have to buy work clothes, they have to be laundered, cleaned, whatever. Time is your most precious commodity, and you never, ever have any.

My laundry stays caught up. I rarely have more than four loads a week, and usually just three. My grocery bill is high right now and our gas costs are low, thank God, because we rarely drive to do more than go to the grocery store. We still budget like we're flat broke, but we are making it. Even though we're stuck with eating lots of chicken as the price of beef is astronomical. I wanted to get two pounds of ground beef to make Nasi Goreng and the cost was more than buying a steak. No lie.

If women pulled out of the workforce, if they chose to, yes, your family would have to retrench. It's not a dirty word. You'll have to eat things that are not top shelf, stop eating out so much, and stay at home more often. Thanks to the pioneering efforts of Hollywood fan shaming, our entertainment budget is limited to a Prime Membership and two Final Fantasy XIV account. No other streaming because we don't watch TV and there is nothing out there I even look forward to seeing. I might think about a Daily Wire membership because they are making good movies.

You CAN do it, you just don't want to. You want to stay home and not pay a price for it. You pay, but in the end, your reward is beyond description. Trust me, when you have grandkids, you see and so do your kids.

No comments: