Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Monday, June 24, 2019

They Came For My Knitting

A few weeks ago, on a YouTube stream I said that they had come for my games and I fought back. They came for my comic books and I fought back. Then they came for my anime and I'm fighting. I've thrown a ton of money allowing idiots to burn down industries and hobbies they don't understand or even participate in because it's important to allow them to burn that shit down so you can use them as an example of what not to do while you build on their ashes.

I then quipped that I would go Scorched Earth if they touched knitting. Because that would never happen, right?

Ravelry looked at other SJWs and NPCs and said, "Here, hold my beer."


Then Tim Pool posted a video on it, where he consistently mispronounced the name of the site, but it suited my purposes not to correct him.

About ten days ago I attended Anime Matsuri and a panel called For The Fans where Ty Beard said he was tired of giving money to people who scolded him. I put it this way, you don't get to call me names and defame me and expect me to give you money.

Now, Ravelry is a knitting web site. It's great to find new projects, try to find solutions for patterns that were wonky and posted no errata. A lot of brilliant folks there usually had a solution. Better yet, if you just needed one more ball of yarn to finish a project, you could usually find your colorway and lot number. I've never seen a community more geared to helping each other than Ravelry. Never.

You know what it never was? Political. KNITTING IS NOT POLITICAL YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS.

You proudly talk about your pussy hat patterns but say anything about Trump and OMG you're a White Supremacist.

Oh, sweetie pie, I hope you have some proof to back that shit up because defamation is a real thing these days. Just ask WaPo or NBC News. Better yet, ask Mark Waid, Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Funimation and Ron Soye. OK, yeah, it's Toye, but he's so soy infused it really works better.

I've been with Ravelry for over ten years. I've bought many patterns there, sought quite a bit of advice when I struggled with my style of knitting. I didn't use them so much these days because all I seem to knit anymore are scarves, hats and socks. I'm doing baby blankets right now, but I don't need them for that. They're patterns I've done often and know well.

I won't go back. I've removed my link from my toolbar, removed it from my bookmarks and I will forget about them.

However, White Supremacist? That is defamatory and they said, themselves, I didn't make it up, that BECAUSE I support Trump, I am a White Supremacist.

I happen to know a good lawyer here in Texas.

No comments: