Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Back In The Writing Saddle Again



We survived Anime Matsuri. Go us. And I just got the preliminary edits done on my fifth shifter book. I cannot find a cover for the books in this series run. I'll be patient and keep looking. Melody Adams, who does my cover work, always has such beautiful art to choose from. As well as my shifter books do, I may finally get custom covers done. It may be that time.

I've begun the outline and plotting out the sixth book in the series and it appears to be coming just as easily as the others in this genre have. Don't know why I keep fighting it, but I do. I want to get back to my Paladins, to be perfectly honest. The stories aren't coming so... Shifters it is.

I wanted to put out four books this year. Maybe. Maybe not. It all comes down to the covers while I'm editing. My proofer has the fourth book, so I'm feeling pressure to get the covers nailed down. She's about to get the fifth book later today, while I'm already on the first draft for the sixth.

Why so much writing? It's summer here in Texas where God sets the oven to Broil and we stay here until Halloween when we usually get our first Norther or Cold Front as the Yankees put it. I have nothing better to do than stay inside where it's cool, with my hounds and write the stories that are bursting to get out of my head.

I always seem to get the best ideas for new stories when I'm doing edits or rewrites on another book. I have a folder where I keep them all, putting down everything my Muse shoved into my skull as well as I can.  There are times where I'm yelling, "That's only half an idea!" But, she's already off on her next Booze Cruise while I bang my head on my desk trying to come up with the rest of the story. She's really the worst Muse, but she keeps feeding me inspiration, so I can't really complain. I just wish she was sober. And maybe predictable.

I will most likely get more than a few books finished this summer and have them waiting for release at some later date. I begin to understand author friends who tell me that have scads of work ready to be published except for some small thing they seem to lack or their timeline isn't yet ready for that tale. I had that happen last year when I realized that two books needed to be done before the one I'd already started could be told. It wouldn't make sense. Who knew I'd be so prolific? Well, to be honest, anyone who knows me, but still...

I'm looking forward to a visit from an internet friend and her son in a few weeks. We've known each other for years on knitting forums and Facebook. She made some wonderful stuff for my granddaughter and has a sewing talent I serious envy. I don't know if envy is the correct word. It's not that I want to take it from her and have it myself. I just want to have it, too. I have a sewing machine my mother-in-law gave me and I'm hanged if I can even thread it up right.

Anyway, I will stuff Melissa with good Texas BBQ. I think a Texas Tater at Uncle Dan's should teach a Missouri woman good BBQ. Kansas City can suck it. I'm going to pay for that when she gets here. I know it.

What are you doing for Summer Solstice? I'm scandalizing my Southern Baptist neighbors. Why? Because we need them, we really do. If you don't get family as the foundation for Western Civilization you won't get my need to keep them strong and Conservative. They need to be so we can survive. It's weird.

No comments: