Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Busy Bees

I have been writing, just not my blog.  The second book of the Instruments of Wrath series should be ready by the end of the year.  Yay!  Gareth's story gets to be told, and it's pretty awesome. How he's managed to stay sane and good is anybody's guess.

Been playing World of Warcraft again.  Started shortly before the big patch and expansion.  Got to know and love my toons again. Slaughter is wholesale in the new Draenor.  My huntard is now my favorite toon to run.  She just kills everything.  My mage is still a glass cannon, but I love her.  I've played her from beta on up.  It's an interesting new twist, this new expansion.  Thing I love most?  Garrisons.  Reminds me a lot of Warcraft 3.  Thing I hate the most?  No flying in the place we first learned flying mounts.  It simply does not make sense that you lose that skill since a new regime took over.

So many good books have been coming out lately.  Nalini Singh is a one woman workhouse of great novels.  Also, Ilona Andrews new series is just spell-binding, almost literally.  Burn for me has kept me rapt in the few moments I have to read before falling into a coma.  The dogs get me up early these days.  They don't know from time changes.

We're down to the last few weeks before my youngest gives birth to our first grandchild.  We're told it's a girl and due on December 23.  They told her this week that she will most likely have a C-section as the baby is very large and my daughter is very small.  They will know for sure on her next visit when she gets one last ultrasound.  Her husband is a big guy, too.  He was premature and still over 8 pounds, so they're pretty sure Annalise will be big, too.  She's going to be the cutest baby, ever.  That's already known to be true.

The holidays are coming up, and I should have figured it out when my husband and sons went grocery shopping and came home with stuff to make cookies.  I'm pretty sure I should smack all of them and make them cook.  But then again, there isn't enough money in the world to hire someone to clean up after they've been in the kitchen.

Apollo is getting into the holiday spirit.  He's begun howling at passing trains and sirens he hears.  I am trying so very hard to capture it on video.  He's really beautiful to watch so I just stand there, awestruck, and listen to the beauty of his call.  I miss Sam's howling out in the yard when she'd hear a train.

I hope all of you are enjoying your fall.  It's been a great, cold week here.  Found out we probably need our chimney cleaned out and have schedule some duct cleaning as well.  You never know until you start your furnace or build a fire, right?

No comments: