Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Tuesday, February 06, 2018

An Open Letter To Theresa May

To Theresa May, Prime Minister of Great Britain

IN RE: Brexit

I'm American, so I think it might be best if you imagine the Marjorie Dawes reading this to you. It works best for me, as well.

You're not doing very well, are you? I mean, the referendum was pretty clear, you got your MP stripes, as it were, and then what? Oh dear, lots and lots of dithering. You love you some dithering, don't you. You've dithered so much that you had to form a coalition to keep your digs at 10 Downing Street, right?

That does not bode well at all.

It's almost like people you see you and Saddiq Khan in the same light, yeah? God knows, he's not a popular man about town.

I'll be honest, I've never liked you. Even though you were elected PM of Great Britain and all, you have the stick of The Swamp all over you. I've sat back for years now and watched as you bulloxed up something that should have been pretty straightforward. The fact is, leaving the EU is really easy. Really easy. You just tell the EU to go pound sand and watch as they crumble. The fact that you haven't, that you have drawn it out shows everyone that you don't really want to leave and are, in point of fact, disenfranchising each person in England who voted to leave.

I'll be honest, I don't know if you're buying into the migrant clap-trap or you've realized that unless you change your ways the NHS collapses in about ten years, if it can heave itself along that long.

I will tell you the most dangerous mindset in the whole of this planet. And that is to continue to do something that is not working because that's the way it's always been done. If you're so stupid as to believe that you can go against the will of your voters, then I would suggest that Jacob Rees-Mogg might be a better replacement. He appears to at least listen to what the people are saying, which is more than you have been doing since you moved into Downing Street.

If you will allow me to make a suggestion, from a former colony, you know, the one you don't bend knee to as you do the rest of them... Yes, I get we beat your butts in our little Revolution... but, I feel it incumbent upon me to point out to you that they don't just happen on our side of the pond. They can happen on your little island as well. And knowing our current president, odds are, there is not much help coming your way from this side of the Atlantic if you do get into a spot of trouble.

I get it. You're scared right now. Scared of losing the power you perceive yourself to have. You only have that power because of your social contract that you accepted when you were elected. You promised to promote the best interest of the people in your nation who voted to leave the EU. It was a lot of people, Mrs. May. I'm assuming you're a missus, although you do look like a dues paying member of NOW.

Many people voted to leave the EU. Many people won't be happy if it doesn't happen and soon. You've spent enough time dithering, madam. DO YOUR DAMNED JOB.

No comments: