Buy Sev's Latest Book

Be sure to buy my latest e-book at Amazon! Dark Matters

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Things To Do While Updating Your iTunes

So, after updating iTunes last night, I find that it still can't find some songs I loaded to the library on day one and keep re-finding after each update.  It's fun and exciting, and Apple knows this is what we all secretly want to do with each update that they push out every 30 seconds.  I'm just making that observation and throwing it out there.

I've found that you should not watch any Disney movie, especially their new African Cats, while hopped up on cold meds.  Although my kitten, Whistler, was fascinated by the cheetah cubs, I wept like an emo teener at Hot Topic when 2 of them got eaten by hyenas.  I would never have done that if not influenced by snot busting drugs.

This is from one of the few living scientists I admire, Doug Horner. Tallbloke over in England is being intimidated by the AGW crowd over in England.  Evidently pointing out all the holes in AGW theory and questioning their scientific "method" means you can be slandered, intimidated and have your property confiscated.  Doug wrote, "Their edifice is eroding quickly and it is prompting all sorts of desperation."

Yes, it is.  Of course, to the imp who lives inside my soul, this means I can do all sorts of things to the AGW crowd with impunity.  Stupid is as stupid does.  Unfortunately for them, Karma is a real bitch.


Cutest T-shirt says "I would tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and I don't want to see you all day."  I nearly fell down on the floor laughing, quite literally.  With the cold it started a coughing fit, followed by a sneezing fit which makes the T-shirt almost as deadly as Monty Python's Funniest Joke. (If you don't get that reference, you are culturally deprived and should be made to watch Super Troopers until you catch up with the rest of us.)


I have found that spending your time swimming in a sewer of stupid only breeds resentment and a healthy desire to chlorinate the gene pool. Yes, I was forced to enter Volde*Mart and shop for a few things.  Even at an off time you find the toothless, ignorant bumpkins of the world ready to serve you and ask why they can't buy skinny jeans with their food stamp card.  No one who weighs over 90 lbs should wear skinny jeans. EVER!


My youngest was in her church's Christmas play this year.  She played an elf and an angel.  She was AWESOME!  I videoed it and then handed her the camera so I could get home to my cold meds and hot toddies.  I may not have contributed to great, magnificent invention that saved mankind, but I gave birth to four wonderful human beings, and they are the best thing I've ever done.  None of them read this blog so I'm safe they won't start thinking I actually like them or anything.  I've discouraged that sort of thing.  They will come to the realization much later in their lives just how much they were loved and that sometimes the hardest thing to do when you love is allow someone to make their own mistakes just to learn from them...  Still, she was really awesome.


My husband is on vacation until after New Year's Day.  I hate him.  I'm so busy at work right now I just might be able to take off Christmas day.  But, only if the planets align in such a way as to block inhuman stupidity.


Oh yeah, just an observation, if you have a family member who is diabetic, perhaps the way to show you care is to NOT send them a huge candy thing for Christmas.


I'm just sayin'...


Back to the couch for me, your devoted germ spewing phlegm faucet.

No comments: